CARY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
We, the undersigned, wishing to secure for ourselves the pleasures and benefits of the association of persons commonly interested in Amateur Radio, constitute ourselves the CARY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB and enact this constitution as our governing law. It shall be our purpose to further the exchange of information and co-operation between members, to promote Radio knowledge, fraternalism, and individual operating efficiency, and to so conduct Club programs and activities as to advance the general interest and welfare of Amateur Radio in the community.
ARTICLE I: Membership
All persons interested in Amateur Radio communication shall be eligible for embership. Membership shall be by application and upon such terms as the Club shall by its By Laws provide.
ARTICLE II: Officers
1) The officers and directors of this Club shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
2) The officers of this Club shall be elected for a term of one year by ballot of the members present at the October meeting and shall be installed at the same meeting.
3) Vacancies occurring between elections shall be filled by special elections at the first regular meeting following the withdrawal or resignation.
4) Officers may be removed by a three fourths vote of the membership.
5) Officers may succeed themselves in the same office.
6) Officers shall constitute the directors of the club.
ARTICLE III: Duties of the Officers
1) The President shall preside at all meetings of this Club, and conduct the same according to the rules adopted. He shall enforce due observance of this constitution and its By Laws, decide all questions of order, sign all documents that are adopted by the Club, and perform all other customary duties pertaining to the office of President.
2) The Vice President shall assume all the duties of the president in the absence of the latter. He shall organize Club member activities, plan and recommend contests for operating benefit, and advance Club interest and activity as approved by the Club.
3) The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of all meetings, keep a roll of members, submit applications for membership, carry on all correspondence, read communications at each meeting, and send meeting notices to each member.
4) The Treasurer shall receive and receipt for all monies paid to the Club. He shall keep an accurate account of all monies received and expended. He shall pay no bills without proper authorization by the Club or its officers constituting a business committee. At each regular meeting he shall submit an itemized statement of disbursements and receipts. He shall at the expiration of his term turn over everything in his possession belonging to the Club to his successor.
ARTICLE IV: Meetings
The By Laws shall provide for regular and special meetings. At meetings, a minimum of one third of the membership shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
ARTICLE V: Dues
The dues shall be as stated in the By Laws. Late or non payment of dues shall be cause for loss of membership status at the discretion of the board of directors.
ARTICLE VI: Membership Assistance
The Club, through designated members will provide technical advice to other hams concerning equipment design and operation, as well as assist in frequency observance, clean signals, uniform practice, and absence of spurious radiations from their equipment. The Club shall also maintain a program to foster and guide public relations.
ARTICLE VII: Amendments
This constitution or By Laws may be amended by a two thirds vote of the total membership. Proposals for amendments shall be submitted at a regular meeting and shall be voted on at the next following regular meeting, provided all members have been notified of the intent to amend the constitution and/or By Laws at said meeting.
ARTICLE VIII: Rules
Robert’s Rules shall govern proceedings, when deemed necessary by the President.
BY LAWS OF THE CARY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
These By Laws are hereby in effect upon ratification of the constitution, and provide the interpretations necessary as required and previously mentioned in ARTICLE I, ARTICLE II, ARTICLE III, ARTICLE IV, ARTICLE V, ARTICLE VI, ARITCLE VII, and preamble of said constitution.
It shall be the duty of the Secretary to keep the constitution and By Laws of the Club and have the same with him at every meeting. He shall cause all amendments, changes, and additions to be noted thereon and shall permit the same to be consulted by members upon request.
Applications for membership shall be submitted at a regular meeting. Each applicant must express a willingness to abide by the constitution and By Laws and other rules promulgated by the Club.
Regular meetings shall be scheduled once in the months of January thru October on the 4th Thursday of that month at such place and time as the membership desires. Special meetings may be called by the President or upon the request of any five (5) Club members. Notices shall be sent to members concerning special meetings and the business to be transacted. Only such business as designated shall be transacted. Such notices shall be sent so that they arrive not less than twenty-four (24) hours before the meeting time.
A regular yearly assessment of ten dollars ($10.00) per member will be assessed in accordance with the provisions of Article V of the constitution for the purpose of providing funds for current expenses.
A nominating committee shall meet at least one month before election time. It will be their responsibility to come up with a slate of individuals who have given their consent to be nominated for an office.
The officers of the Club may spend up to a limit of seventy five ($75.00) dollars without authorization of the membership with the approval of all the officers.
If needed, a committee of three members shall be appointed by the President and approved by the membership present for the purpose of assuring that the Club’s financial records are in order and shall give a complete report at the first annual meeting.
Board of Directors
The Club officers will constitute the Board of Directors of the club.
All paid members as of September 24, 1973 will be recognized as charter members of the Cary Amateur Radio Club.
Note: Original document is dated January 26, 1978.
Note: Amended February 2020
It is signed by:
President – Larry Schroder – KD4HSL
Vice President –
Secretary – Don Hurlbert – KW4DON
Treasurer – Jim Williams – W4VCF