48th Annual Cary Mid-Summer SWAPFEST
The Cary Amateur Radio Club SWAPFEST will be held on Saturday, July 17, 2021 from 8:00 AM until 1:00 PM at Cary’s Ritter Park, 301 W Lochmere Drive, Cary, NC.
Setup stating at 6:00 AM
It will be an expanded “Flea Market Only” event in the parking lot and shelter.
- Admission is $4.
- Tables under shelter are $10. Limited AC Power Available. Bring your own cord.
- Tailgate spaces are $5 per parking space. Please bring your own tables and chairs.
- Attendee parking outside the flea market is FREE.
- Snacks and soft drinks are for sale under the shelter.
Town of Cary, Ritter Park
301 Lochmere West Lochmere Drive
Cary, NC 27518
- You will need to contact Joe White (WA4GIR@arrl.net) for instructions prior to coming to the test session.
- Testing location is at the Resurrection Lutheran Church, 100 West Lochmere Drive, Cary.
- Start time is 10am.
- Bring an original and a copy of any licenses or CSCEs that you need for credit for passed exam elements.
- Bring a photo ID.
- An FRN is now required on all Amateur license applications and must be obtained by the applicant prior to testing.
- An email address is also required on all license applications.
- The $35 application fee for amateur radio applications has been finalized. The FCC has not yet modified its systems to collect the $35 fee so there has been no effective date for beginning to collect the fee. The FCC has announced, however, that the VE teams will NOT be collecting this fee and must be paid directly by the applicant.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AND ABIDE BY THEM
Law enforcement officers will be notified if violation of the following is discovered
- No X-rated material will be displayed or sold
- No weapons will be permitted
- No registered sex offenders allowed on the property
The CARC is not responsible for theft or accidents!